This might just be one of my favourite posts I have ever made on tumblr. All of us have secrets we wish to keep secret in order to protect ourselves from judgement or teasing but New Orleans-based artist Candy Chang found a way to give people the opportunity to share their thoughts without having to feel vulnerable to the outside world. Her installation, entitled Confessions, is a public art project that took place in The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada. For one month, Chang lived in Vegas and turned the P3 Studio Gallery into an interactive exhibit. Visitors could stop by, enter a booth, write whatever thoughts they wanted to share, and drop the confession into a box that mixed anonymously with other slips. Chang then took the anonymous slips and displayed them on the walls, painting selected responses in white against a larger red canvas background.
Throughout the exhibit, the shocking reality of a person’s true secrets are fascinating to read. Some of my favourites can be found in this photoset like:”I’ve been best man to two guys I used to sleep with who went on to marry women”; “My best friend beat a man to death when we were 15. Never told anyone. Still hurts.”
THIS WOULD BE GREAT.
- jhayelie: New Era Elem/HS/Univ-teaching in Tagumpay NHS :)
- Imbabaerol : Batangas State University
- mhdl: BatStateU
- assumeraaaaa: Sta. Teresa College
- chubbychabs: New Era HS
- joyllibee: University of St. La Salle-Bacolod
- pinayypie: Centro Escolar University - Malolos City
- patatatatapon: San Sebastian College-Recoletos Canlubang Campus
- utakowberpuso: University of Santo Tomas Pay High School
- dahzle: St. Therese Martin of Lisieux School and Business High School
- lampangninja: UNIVERSITY OF SAINT ANTHONY =)))
- thesickestlady: UNIVERSITY OF THE EAST - MANILA! =))))))) \m/
- captaindahna: Feu-fern.
- lemadijane: URS-M :P
- iammissteriosa: Lyceum of the Philippines University - Cavite Campus
- she-has-had-enough: Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Quezon City Campus
Glwn Reian Tortoles Yasis
Sabi ko na nga ba. It was not a good idea to reread My Imaginary Ex by Mina V. Esguerra from Summit…
shared via WordPress.com
Summer Song - Chapter 15
“Ji Eun, someone wants to talk to you.” Manager Oppa poked his head in the door. “said she’s known…
shared via WordPress.com
wow. someone out there cared. thank you anonymous.been feeling real down. yes, i know i just have to find again those things that make me happy. I just need a time for myself.
Vintage is Cool. :)
I never had this. ;(
I’m sorry mama. It’s true. Mothers know best. I’ll never ask for you to understand me, it’s now time for me to understand you.
I love you mama.